BEIJING, June 11 (Xinhua) -- Here are the Chinese sports headlines over the past week:
1. IOC highlights Beijing 2022's efforts on World Environment Day
Ahead of World Environment Day, the International Olympic Committee highlighted Olympic venues for One Planet Earth on its website, praising the efforts made by Beijing 2022 in low-carbon environmental protection and sustainable development.
2. Chinese UFC champion Zhang Weili set for rematch with her historical rival Joanna on June 11
Former UFC Women's Strawweight champions Zhang Weili and Joanna Jedrzejczyk are set for a rematch at UFC 275 in Singapore on June 11. Their initial encounter two years ago at UFC 248 was arguably one of the best fights in MMA history.
3. China lost to Iran and Japan successively in men's Volleyball Nations League
Missing team captain Jiang Chuan, China's men's volleyball team lost to its continental rivals Iran (3-1) and Japan (3-1) in their first two fixtures at the 2022 FIVB Volleyball Nations League (VNL).
4. Zhang Shuai stops in the quarterfinal at Nottingham Open
China's top-ranked player Zhang Shuai failed to take one step forward after losing the quarterfinal match against Tereza Martincova 6-2, 6-3 on Friday. She defeated British Jodie Burrage 6-2, 7-6 (4) to book a quarterfinal berth.
5. China announces rosters for FINA World Championships 2022 in Budapest
China unveiled the rosters of the national diving, swimming and artistic swimming teams for the FINA worlds in Budapest. The 17-member Chinese diving team features six Olympic champions, while Olympic champions Zhang Yufei, Wang Shun and women's 4x200m freestyle relay winners will lead the 47-member swimming team. The artistic swimming team, however, is mainly composed of rookies.
6. Hangzhou Asian Games Equestrian venue opens to competition
Hangzhou Asian Games Equestrian venue opens to competition, which is the first all-factor open test event since the Hangzhou 2022 Games were postponed.